Friday, January 8, 2016

Dealing with Different

Today I am practicing dealing with different.
Not running away.
Not freaking out.
Definitely not judging before I figure out if it adds to or subtracts from my happiness.
Simply dealing.

Last night I had a semi-successful session with a CPAP machine (I actually drooled on my pillow. It's been so long!) Between that and the chiropractor, today I feel different.

My lungs, my head, my whole body feels different.

It is not painful.
It is uncomfortable.

And, as an adulting happiness practitioner, I know that uncomfortable is not necessarily harmful. Is it, well, just different.
And I know that eventually this feeling of "different" will pass. It simply requires a new awareness until it becomes part of usual.

I may move slower today. I may take more time to write a simple post, or even to formulate a sentence. I may require more rests, or I might want to wear my jammies all day.

But the "dealing with it" part means I am going to move through today. I am going to write this post, and do other writing work, and chores.They will be clean jammies.

Different is not a distraction. It is not an immediate need to go back under the covers. It is simply different. It is something that will become usual.
And my work feeds my happiness.

So today, (and probably tomorrow and tomorrow...) I will be dealing with different.

I hope you have a great day!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment