Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Resume's the thing

Today I am going to rework my resume.

I have recently sent out my old resume. And I realized, as I pushed submit, that my resume actually has nothing to do with me anymore. It says very little about the work I really want to do; it shows neither the reader nor myself any of my awesome talents.

So I have secured a book from the library The Career Coward's Guide to Resumes (by Katy Piotrowski, M. Ed.) and already I am impressed. On page 7 it says, "I'd like you to think like a marketer aiming to sell a big-ticket item - yourself! - to a qualified buyer."

And wow, do I like that. Because that is total happiness practice right there. Looking at myself as a valuable product; looking at my skills as big ticket items.

So, today I am going to work on my resume. I hope we'll see the results in my website very shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment