Thursday, January 7, 2016

Release myself

Today I am going to allow myself to have adventures; I am going to release myself from the prison of my fears.

As I was laying on the warm table at a new chiropractor's office, I was reflecting upon some of things he'd told me about how I was holding myself. And how long it takes to change habits. And I realized I had been caging myself in.

I have health issues. (I guess that is a part of the adulting - accepting what is, and being able to say it out loud.) And some of these issues have probably been issues since I was young. But back then, you had to be bleeding to know something was wrong.

Snoring was snoring. People were weak or strong. Wimpy or painless. Hyper or lazy.

Now we know how much the chemistry in our bodies contributes to our attitudes and our actions. Now we know that there is so much more going on in there than just a simple intact and outflow.

But the fear of my health issues has been caging me in. (Hmm, rephrase.) My concern over my health issues has dictated that I stay in. Don't go beyond the "safe" limits. Live in fear.

But staying inside, trapped, confined, at the mercy of someone else's decisions, that's a fearful thing to.

So today, after the table warmed me and massaged my lower back (Love this chiropractor!) I decided, I didn't want to live in fear. Or caged, by my issues. If I know what the results are, or the concerns are, I can prepare for them. But I'm not going to stay inside just because I'm afraid of the cold.

And I'm not going to freak out on the what if's just because I something new might happen. Who knows?

I am going to release....

I AM releasing myself to experience wonderful stuff, to heal slowly and easily, and to be free of the cage.

I hope that made sense, cuz this was a fly by post, and I'm not even editing. Too much to do today!

I hope you have a great one!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment