Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Focus on Today

Today I am going to focus on today.

I am going to do what's in front of me, and I am going to practice what is right for me at this moment.

I have a tendency to try and create routines or establish habits that will be good not only for today, but for tomorrow and next week and next year.

But how can i really know what will work next year, until I know what will work?

And if I know anything, it's that things change. My needs. My time. My "important" list of the moment.  Things change.

But I have goals in mind. I have desires. I have dreams. I have truths! Surely I should be practicing on more than the truth of this  moment. Surely I should be trying to create patterns - because it is practice that helps me become good at things.

Yes. It is a dilemna. I feel it. But. And I know there is a but. Because I can feel the but too.

Ah. But doesn't today's Lila deserve the same happiness and care and attention as that far off Lila?
And doesn't today, all the heady, scary, boring, comforting, sweating, yawning moments of today, deserve the same focus as those triumphant moments of next year?
And how do I think I'm going to get to those moments, if I don't make it through today?
How am I going to live in my truth, and practice my happiness, and be the best me tomorrow, if I haven't paid attention, lived today's truth, and attuned myself to today?

I don't see how.

I have tried the American Dream - the work hard and save it up for some future rainy day when it will be time to rest. I have believed it in as hard as I could.

And here I am, today, still striving for that perfect state of being. So that way doesn't work.

I am going to focus on Today. Today will work. Today is awesome. Today is here in front of me, and I know what I want for today.

Tomorrow is soon enough to practice for tomorrow.

I am going to be part of today.

I hope you have a great day!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment