Saturday, December 19, 2015

Just Keep Stepping

Just keep moving forward, one step at a time. It may feel like moving through sludge, but it's still forward movement.

Of course, one obviously starts thinking "Just keep swimming," from the Disney movie Nemo. But, water isn't my element. And for me, swimming equals floating, relaxing, letting the waves carry me.

A wonderful thought, but probably not the most productive for this time in my life. As I haven't mastered the art of transferring my thoughts directly to the computer screen.

I'm not sure if I'd want to.

But that's a contemplation for another time.

Today I may not be following all my schedules and steps  and rituals in precise order. Today the important thing is to just keep moving forward. To keep stepping.

And I like the word stepping better than swimming, because stepping can be dancing. And that is more than slogging. That is moving lightly forward, not attached to one choice or another, not mired down in decisions and consequences, not contemplating for 15 minutes the value of red socks over blue socks.

Stepping. Moving lightly from stone to stone. Forward, back, in circles, still we are stepping. Steppin'. And we're moving. And we're feeling light. Every minute is new. Every item is simply as important as it is, no more, no less.

Just keep steppin'.

I hope you have a great day!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment