Saturday, February 6, 2016

And....we're expressing our pain.

Okay - I have to start this post with EEEEk!

What have I been doing with myself? It feels like I've been working as much as I can, to the best of my ability, but, but, but...

Suddenly I have over 100 emails in my in box. AAAARGGGHH! It's enough to send me back under the covers.

If the covers were a comfortable place, that is.

Admission - I've been discovering the joy and wonder of the CPAP machine. Have I discussed this yet? If I were one to use words of discouragement and disdain, I would say the CPAP machine blows!

And, yeah, that's actually true. At least the type of machine I have blows. It also sucks, if I understand the working of it. It sucks air in over a reservoir of water (to filter, I assume. I suppose I should look at my owner's manual) and then it blows said air up through the tube and into the nostrils of the wearer.

And I, who have an aversion to being hooked to machines (and many pieces of paper stating that fact,) I submit myself to this invasive torture every night.

Supposedly, this will not only reduce the snoring, which I've been told is quite, um, evident, but it will get more oxygen to my brain, and help my heart health, and maybe even improve my digestion.

If I survive the adjustment process.

4 to 6 weeks to get used to it, the tech said. We're at the end of week 4.
I thought my brain was becoming more alert, actually, but that benefit has been offset by the sleep deprivation.
I think I have finally started sleeping well, but once I wake up, I can't get back to sleep, with or without the contraption.
I miss the days of sleeping through my alarm - though I did express a wish to start getting up at 5 am. I thought I would be more productive. Uh huh.

That's why it's called practice, Lila. (Oh, yeah. Thank you.)

The reason for this diatribe is to explain - to myself? - why I have been having difficulty even facing the emails. Too much information! All lined up in rows. It hurts my brain.

To further confound me, many of these emails are about opportunities and thoughts on possible happy work paths. Writing thoughts and workshop thoughts and entrepenuers and positivity and AAAAAAGHHHH!! again.

How do I know what to do? What do I want to do? Do I have to pick something? If they all sound great, but none of them sound AWESOME have I simply not found the right thing yet? Oh, happiness coach! I need an appointment.

And now I've spent the 1/2 an hour of email time writing this post. Hmm. I think I'd rather be writing than reading about opportunities for writing. (Something to think about, Lila?)

So, today I am practicing being honest with myself about what I'm feeling, and my frustrations. And I'm practicing moving forward, one step at a time.

And I am practicing my happiness. Because, to quote Martha Beck, "I have everything I need to exist in this moment." A keyboard, a blog, a glass of water, and a quiet space to write.

I wonder if I could take a nap here. Is snoring in the quiet place of the library rude?

I hope you're having a great day!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment